For Homeschool Students
The Brigade is a leadership development organization that has served youth in the Fox Cities since 1900. We do this through hands-on, volunteer-led activities that teach employability and life skills. The time frame of this Building Leaders program offering is designed to accommodate the schedule of homeschool families so youth can experience our time-tested activities for 5th-12th graders.
2019 Program Dates: January 3, February 7, March 14 & April 11
Program Cost: $50 per student in grades 5 and up (includes all four dates); No cost for open gym for younger homeschool siblings
Location: 109 W Columbian Ave, Neenah
Deadline to register is November 1, 2018.
Students in 5th grade & up will be split into small groups and experience all these activities over the course of the four program dates:
- Rock Climbing: Test your abilities in the Brigade’s climbing gym. We have courses for all ability levels and will make it a fun experience for all.
- Archery: Learn how to shoot or hone your archery skills in the Brigade’s archery range. Use the physics of a compound bow and arrow to shoot a bulls-eye and compete with your friends.
- Cooking: Prepare food from scratch to eat with your group. Use math, chemistry and your senses to better understand the science and art of cooking.
- Woodworking: Build your very own folding stool while learning how to cut, sand and screw wood in Brigade’s woodworking shops.
- Extension Cord: Learn the basics of electrical wiring by creating your own extension cord.
- Glass Fusing: Create art by melting glass pieces into a masterpiece.
Homeschool students in 4th grade & below will have access to the gym while their older siblings participate in the activities above. Supervision provided by homeschool parents.
We Need You!
Parents are needed to make this programming possible by helping with the activities listed above. No experience is necessary; we can train you. On your child’s registration form, please check the box for the activities you’re willing to help with.